Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Airports

I think a sociologist could do a whole dissertation on airports. It's a completely crazy but very real sub-culture. If you travel at all, especially for work, you know exactly what I mean. If you don't, then, well, you don't know what I mean.
I travel some. That is to say, I travel a TON more than I did 6 months ago, what with meetings and seeing clients, etc. However, I travel waaaay less than a lot of people. That is to say, not enough to qualify for any of the points' programs the airlines offer for "frequent flyers". So many people are flying around that you have to have what seems like MILLIONS of points to even get the perk of boarding early. Don't even get me started on First Class upgrades.
But I do digress. The sub-culture of airports. So, for starters, is it weird, considering I don't qualify for the points' programs, that I am starting to recognize fellow travelers? Who work for other companies? How about TSA agents? Is it weird that I recognize some of them? More importantly, wouldn't it be nice if they started to recognize me? So that I wouldn't have to go through that scanner everytime, and get a pat-down?

I'm just saying....

No comments:

Post a Comment